- Managing Partner
Ivy Gage is the Managing Partner of The Gage Law Firm, PLLC. Ms. Gage was born and raised in New York City and graduated in 1978 from Trinity School in Manhattan. In 1982 she received her Bachelor's Degree in Political Science from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. In 1985, Ms. Gage graduated from Boston University School of Law and moved to Detroit, Michigan to begin her legal career with a then prominent civil litigation law firm whose partners included a past President of the American Bar Association.
Ms. Gage gained invaluable knowledge and experience working with the firm in Detroit. She was recognized early on for her tireless ability to fight for the rights of others and her willingness to take on tough cases and get results. Her practice in Detroit generated a significant number of multi-million dollar settlements.
When the firm opened an office in El Paso, Texas, Ms. Gage became licensed to practice in the State of Texas and she relocated to El Paso as a partner in the firm to help run that office. She became well respected as a tenacious litigator in El Paso and her practice again grew rapidly, this time with national attention surrounding the $11,000,000.00 verdict she and her partner obtained against a credit card company which had repeatedly harassed a couple who owed a little over $2000.00 on a Visa bill.
Ms. Gage became licensed to practice law in the State of Nevada in 1996 and began practicing in Las Vegas that same year. While she maintains her licenses to practice in the State of Michigan and the State of Texas, Ms. Gage currently practices exclusively in the states of Nevada and Arizona. Since opening her office in Las Vegas she has successfully helped hundreds of people who have been injured either by the negligence of others, including victims of automobile accidents and medical malpractice, or those who have been victims of wrongful termination or illegal retaliation by their employers.
Ms. Gage is an active member of the Nevada State Bar, Nevada Justice Association, National Employment Lawyers Association, and Clark County Bar Association. She served on the Board of Directors of Candlelighters of the El Paso Area from 1993-1997 and as President of the Board from1996-1997. Ms. Gage served as a CASA volunteer in El Paso from 1993-1996. After moving to Las Vegas, Ms. Gage served as Secretary/Treasurer of the Howard D. McKibben Inn of Court from 2001-2005 and then served as Counselor (Vice-President) of the Inn from 2005-2007. She was on the Board of Directors of Temple Beth Sholom in Las Vegas from 2008 through 2011. Ms Gage enjoys running, cooking, community service activities and most of all spending time with her three daughters.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Termination
- Nevada, 1996
- Arizona, 2017
- Michigan, 1985
- Texas, 1990
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1985
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1993
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1998
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1985
- Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Nevada State Bar, Active Member
- Nevada Justice Association, Active Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Active Member
- Clark County Bar Association, Active Member
- Board of Directors of Candlelighters of the El Paso Area, Member, 1993 to 1997
- Board of Directors of Candlelighters of the El Paso Area, President, 1996 to 1997
- El Paso, CASA volunteer, 1993 to 1996
- Howard D. McKibben Inn of Court, Secretary/Treasurer, 2001 to 2005
- Howard D. McKibben Inn, Counselor (Vice-President), 2005 to 2007
- Temple Beth Sholom in Las Vegas, Board of Directors, 2008 to 2011